PLANNING A WEDDING CEREMONY
Congratulations on your engagement! Now it’s time to plan your wedding ceremony and no doubt you have lots of questions about what you need to start doing in order to be married by a Civil Celebrant, what paperwork you’ll need to fill out and all the extras that go with being legally married in Australia.
Below is a list of important information created that will hopefully assist you through the process.
Send me an Email via my CONNECT Page or Call Me on 0418-936-799 to lock in an obligation-free meeting to see if you like me and my style.
FIRST OFFICIAL MEETING
As soon as you lock in my Celebrant services, you will receive an email that includes important information on the paperwork needed to legalise your marriage, links to Wedding Industry sites in Tropical North Queensland and additional helpful hints.
1) If we live in the same destination, it works well that I meet with you and your fiance for this meeting however, if you don’t live in Tropical North Queensland and meeting in person isn’t an option, then we can arrange a Phone/Skype or FaceTime meeting to work through the process.
2) I will explain the legal process of getting married and we can begin to discuss your marriage ceremony and what you want out of your special day.
3) We can discuss and fill out the official paperwork needed to legalise your marriage.
4) I will ask you lots of fun, easy questions about your life, relationship and what you want from your wedding ceremony. I promise to be respectful, and if you don’t wish to share certain information, it’s no problem.
5) We can discuss wedding ceremony inclusions such as Rituals, Music, Poetry, Readings and your Bridal Party and their involvement. I pull lots of information from you so that we can begin to create the wedding ceremony of your dreams.
NOTICE OF INTENDED MARRIAGE
A Notice of Intended Marriage form must be filled out and signed by both parties to the marriage and witnessed by either myself, your Celebrant or a list of other authorised people. My initial email will include all witnesses that may sign your NOIM.
I must have the NOIM at least 1 month before your wedding ceremony date. Please bring your original Birth Certificates and Passports or Drivers License to our initial meeting and we can work through the NOIM form.
Download the Notice of Intended Marriage – HERE
THE FUN BEGINS
After I have collected all your fun, personal information, this is when I begin to build your wedding ceremony Script. I can guarantee that no 2 wedding ceremonies will ever be the same. I pride myself on creating and offering individual, unique scripts for each couple.
Once I am satisfied with the first draft, I will email or post (depending what works for you) it back to you to make notes/changes.
Your final ceremony script will be completed close to 2 weeks before your wedding day and I my fee includes as many changes and add ons you may like.
If a rehearsal is important to you, then we can lock one in.
The rehearsal can be held at the wedding venue or another venue. If all members of the bridal party can attend that is helpful, or else we can make it work with those who are attending.
*Please note that a Rehearsal Fee is an additional charge.
YOUR WEDDING DAY
By now it is up to you, the wedding couple to relax and enjoy the preparation process before you say “I Do”. Leave everything else regarding your wedding ceremony, to me, your Celebrant!
– I will arrive at the Ceremony Venue 30 minutes before the official start time.
– I will have all the paperwork on me needed to be signed and witnessed.
– I will make sure you are legally married.
– I will supply a Signing Table, Table Cloth and Simple Vase if you wish.
– I will create that beautiful moment that you have wished for your wedding day!
FILING YOUR PAPERWORK
Straight after your special wedding day, I will send your official paperwork which includes your NOIM, Official Wedding Certificate and Notice of Intend to Marry to Births, Deaths and Marriages in your State. Legally I must do this within 14 days of your ceremony date.
It’s important that you know that the Commemorative Marriage Certificate you sign and receive at your wedding ceremony is not for anything official. It is for looks and presentation only. I will share with you information on how to obtain your Official Marriage Certificate in our initial meeting.
CONNECT with me if you would like to book a meeting or ask more questions.